Did you know that…
National statistics show that in percentage, the LBGT market is the most affluent and loyal group of all.
With nearly 17 million individuals that are gay within the United States and a combined buying power of $485 Billion, can you afford not to target this market?
Things to Know about the LGBT Market Place
- Over twice as likely as national index to be professionals or managers
- Average household income over $85.4K
- Are 3.4 times more likely to have household income over $250K
- Twice as likely to have graduated from college
- Gay men and lesbians go out more, buy more, have more disposable income and are extremely loyal consumers.
- Under 6% of gay male households have children
- Gay and lesbian consumers purchase from companies/brands that advertise in gay media, deliver product messages in gay-specific advertising, support the LBGT community causes and are good to their own LBGT employees
- Over 90% took a domestic trip this year
- 81% of Gay Americans are likely to consider a brand that supports non-profits or causes important to them
- 60% took a foreign trip in the last three years
- 65% identify themselves as having to have the “latest”
- 68% upgrade to a product’s latest model
- 77% “believe in indulging in themselves”
- 57% “prefer to buy top of the line”
- 59% buy themselves whatever they want